1. Shuangtou Bridge, October 2017. I must have covered every inch of West Lake’s gorgeous parkland during my five days in Hangzhou. This beautiful little bridge, located in Changqiao Park near Tangyun Art Gallery, is probably my favorite West Lake spot.
2. Shuangtou Bridge, October 2017. It won’t take more than five minutes to work your way down the simple stone pathway, over the sloping arch and into Shuangto’s sole wooden gazebo.
3. Shuangtou Bridge, October 2017. The bridge boasts some truly wonderful lake views on one side, featuring the dramatic form of Leifeng Pagoda in the distance, while in the other direction you can snap the lush park, framed by Hangzhou’s grand hotels and cloud-piercing skyscrapers.
4. Shuangtou Bridge, October 2017. The bridge really comes into its own at dusk. The colors will take your breath away, but be prepared to share the experience with a million and one friends.
5. Shuangtou Bridge, October 2017. Back in Changqiao Park you can check out all the photographers, who seek out the best spots to setup their tripods long before the sun begins its gradual descent.
For more on my time in the city, check out my other articles on Hangzhou.
For more on the region, have a look at My 5s from around Zhejiang Province.
Like these? Then why not leaf through my many other 5s from across China.
I’ve also written a short story series called Challenged in China.