1. February 2018. I’m not really into motorbikes. In fact… let me revise that… I couldn’t care less. But Wonderboy LOVES them, so I knew we’d be checking out this exhibition from the moment he saw the big billboard: “The only motorcycle exhibition in the world 24 hours open for free!”
2. February 2018. The exhibition is located inside Kam Kek Paradise Casino on Avenida de Amazade. The casino owner is a motorbike enthusiast who’s spent his life collecting the most impressive models in the world. Some of these vehicles are scattered around the various floors of the casino. This one is a custom made Jack Daniels Harley Davidson Chopper.
3. February 2018. The main collection is stored neatly in a gallery on floor M. Each bike has an information panel detailing the machine’s dizzying stats. Lean in just a little closer and the security woman will start getting antsy.
4. February 2018. The bikes were so damn beautiful they even managed to impress apathetic old me. I particularly liked this one, a Vintage 6 speed Indian Motorcycle.
5. February 2018. This award-winning bike is a 2012 custom-made Chop Deville Deluxe Retro Racer. At the far end of the gallery you’ll find a discreet door leading to a studio where you can get your photo taken with a selection of models. If you’re even moderately interested in bikes this free exhibition is well worth half an hour of your time!
For more on my time in this amazing corner of China, check out my other articles on Macau.
Like these? Then why not leaf through my many other 5s from across China.
I’ve also written a short story series called Challenged in China.
I’ve been living, working and traveling all over the world since 2001, so why not check out my huge library of My 5s from over 30 countries.