1. La Place Cafe, April 2018. Looking for a tasty, affordable breakfast in Hanoi with a cracking balcony view? You’d do very well indeed to find a better option than La Place, with its winning location in the old quarter’s pretty Au Trieu Street.
2. La Place Cafe, April 2018. The café was converted from an old colonial building and channels a classic French vibe, from authentic tiles and shuttered windows, to the retro coffee posters and Edith Piaf on the airwaves. Grab a menu here at the ground floor bar, or if simply head upstairs where a waiter will eventually saunter up and take your order.
3. La Place Cafe, April 2018. The second floor features some very cool communist propaganda prints and, curiously, a couple of retro Dutch advertisements for Albert Heijn Coffee. When I visited for breakfast one morning the space was completely deserted. Because…
4. La Place Cafe, April 2018. … of this! Yes, La Place is all about its cosy balcony overlooking the hulking form of St. Joseph’s Cathedral. Luckily for me, there was one spot left at the end so I squeezed in, leafed through the menu, placed my order and hooked up to the complimentary wifi.
5. La Place Cafe, April 2018. My cafe latte and mixed fruit bowl with natural yoghurt and muesli was beautifully presented and went down a treat! To check out La Place for yourself, simple mosey on down any day between the hours of 07:30-22:30.
For more on Vietnam’s amazing capital, have a look at more My 5s from around Hanoi.
Like these? Then why not have a leaf through my articles from across Vietnam.