1. The Happy Yacht, May 2018. If your Danang wanderings take you anywhere near The Han River (and shame on you if they don’t), it’s virtually impossible to miss this immense, luxury, five floor super yacht parked on the river’s western banks, a short walk from the head end of Dragon Bridge.
2. The Happy Yacht, May 2018. I was immediately curious as to whether the yacht could be accessed, so I made my way over to its ground-level entrance. “We have a sky bar, how about a drink?” said the hostess outside. A Sky Bar? That didn’t sound too shabby, so off I went with my chaperone, who took me through the lobby and up the elevator to the top deck.
3. The Happy Yacht, May 2018. Cunningly, I’d timed my visit for sunset and was immediately wowed by the gorgeous views from the top deck. “Take any table you want” said the hostess, at which point it suddenly struck me that the place was empty! How was this possible?
4. The Happy Yacht, May 2018. Settling down in a prime spot, I suspected the lack of clientele might be down to obnoxious drink prices. But leafing through their menu proved this wasn’t the case, a chilled bottle of Heineken setting me back about 80.000VND (£2.60/€3/$3.50). They also do set dishes, a bit on the pricy side, as well as a daily buffet option, which is better value for money. I had my heart set on a western style breakfast for the next morning, but sadly they offered nothing of the sort. Epic fail.
5. The Happy Yacht, May 2018. When I eventually exited an hour or so later it had gotten much busier. Around half the tables were taken, a DJ had set up camp with some suitably smooth trip hop electronica and a live band had just started to set up their instruments. Even if you only come for one drink to check out the skyline, a stop by The Happy Yacht is an essential part of the Danang experience!
For more cool rivers, have a peek at My 5s on:
The Siem Reap River (Kampong Phluk, Cambodia).
Xin Yang River (Zhejiang Province, China).
The River Thames (London, England).
The Rhine (Cologne, Germany).
The Jeonju River (Jeonju, Korea).
The Alzette (Luxembourg City).
The Guadalquivir River (Córdoba, Spain).
The River Kwai (Kanchanaburi, Thailand).
The River IJ (Amsterdam, The Netherlands).
The Perfume River (Hue, Vietnam).
For more on this amazing Vietnamese city, take a look at my other articles on Danang.
Or maybe look further afield with my many more pieces from across Vietnam.