1. Muse On LP Bar, February 2015. Busan’s vinyl-collecting muso community can be found at this trendy city centre bar in Haeundae district. I’d been randomly strolling the streets when I saw the sign outside a towering building on Banpo-dong. So I ducked in and made my way up the stairs to the 3rd floor.
2. Muse On LP Bar, February 2015. A seat at the bar gets you face to face with the house vinyl collection, lovingly attended to by the duty DJ. He doesn’t get involved in serving drinks, he’s exclusively there to keep the tunes rolling, grant requests and make sure everything is filed in the right place. A man after my own heart!
3. Muse On LP Bar, February 2015. Be prepared to put your hand in your pocket! The beers are pricy but varied and icy cold. There are also plenty of cocktails to choose from and drinks usually come with some salty nibbles.
4. Muse On LP Bar, February 2015. According to the barman, Muse On’s owner is a sound system buff who’s been collecting antique stereos and speakers for over thirty years. The bulk of these bits and bobs are stored in a corner of the bar.
5. Muse On LP Bar, February 2015. I made a friend that night, a local boy who was taking some time out from hardcore studying to clear his head, unwind and enjoy some tuneage. I remember it being a wildly eclectic playlist, with the vibe switching between the likes of The Carpenters and Pixies, to Talking Book era Stevie Wonder and The Beta Band.
For more on this cool city, have a leaf through my other 5s on Busan.
You can also leaf through my various articles from around Korea.